When a woman speaks her truth, it matters!

Hey guys!! As Priya Ramani has been acquitted in the sexual harassment defamation case by M J Akbar, the voice of women and the sexual harassment at the workplace have come into the light.

Here is a case study for you. Discuss among your peers in a healthy manner and come to the right solution.

Suppose you are a DM of a district and a woman comes to you with a complaint that your senior has harassed her sexually in the office. She says that she does not trust anyone other than you. But, the senior is a highly reputed and powerful man and you have good relations with him. What options do you have and which one will you choose in the light of Visakha guidelines given by the Supreme Court.

2 Likes

this is a story of women who gave us visakha guidelines - Bhanwari devi and Kavitha srivastava

sexual harassment free work place started with the fight of these women.

1 Like

dont worry about writing an answer in whole. let us start our baby steps.

1. how do you like to approach case study?

2. how do you like to close it with your opinion?

let us answer these two

RB

1 Like

Sir could you correctly my mistakes Document-WPS Office.pdf (618.0 KB)

Sir
Kindy review my writings
Thank you

Hey you have done good efforts!! But please do consider the whole case study. Woman is accusing your senior of sexual harassment who is a reputed person. As a DM you have to first explore the truth whether women is telling truth or not. Next, to act against your senior you shall have some backing. Place yourself in that position and look out for options how you can tackle the case. Keep practising.

Hey you have done good efforts!! But please do consider the whole case study. Woman is accusing your senior of sexual harassment who is a reputed person. As a DM you have to first explore the truth whether women is telling truth or not. Next, to act against your senior you shall have some backing. Place yourself in that position and look out for options how you can tackle the case.

1 Like

Sure sir. Thank you

Sir
please review my answer & let me know my mistakes
CamScanner 02-21-2021 12.50.28.pdf (860.6 KB)

Likhita you have explained sexual harassment in an ample way but I presented a case study for you. In that situation, what options do you have and how will you act. Please do focus on what has been asked. keep practising.

Ok sir, thank you I’ll work on it.

OK sir thank you

New doc Feb 21, 2021 3.34 PM.pdf (654.5 KB)
Plz do verify… Sir…

Sir,I have written it again can you look into it.
sexual harassment.pdf (422.9 KB)

Hey you have described rightly how will you act. I will suggest some changes please work on them. When in a case study it is asked that what choices do you have and how will you act then you have to first describe choices like I will act against my senior, or I will let go of the case, or I will take help from media like these. Then present the positive and negative implication of these choices like if you act against senior he can transfer you or stop your promotion and likewise for others. Then tell with which option will you go and justify the answer. Keep practising.

Sure sir…thank u

Sir can U

pls guide me to improve

Hey very good Ishaq you have structure the answer nicely. Please try to end it with a conclusion like our fundamental duty ask us to renounce practices derogatory to women. Also analyse positives and negative of your action like you might get transferred by your senior or he may put false charges on you. But overall good efforts. Keep practising

Very nice efforts jaya…you have adequately described the guidelines and given a good conclusion. Try to explore other options and also describe what can be the outcomes of your action on you.

1 Like